Find your purpose
Territory Business Manager - Wales
Share this job opening
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company. We’re in the business of changing lives.
Galapagos’ mission is to make a lasting positive contribution to society through discovery of innovative therapies for diseases with large unmet medical need. The company’s ambition is to become a leading global biopharmaceutical company, focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative medicines to improve patients’ lives.
We are looking for a Territory Business Manager to join our team in the UK and be based in Wales.
Scope of the job
In the new account-based model at Galapagos, the Territory Business Manager (TBM) is at the heart of the business, prioritising accounts and how we develop partnerships with key stakeholders. The role will manage both Rheumatoid Arthritis and Inflammatory Bowel Disease therapy areas, in addition taking on market access activities at the trust level. The position will have a broad scope of activities, requiring the successful individual to be able to prioritise effectively, influence without authority and possess a strong commercial mindset.
The role will have a strong project management aspect, coordinating and leading the design and delivery of cohesive local business plans and harnessing the full power of the cross-functional team. This will include building the account level customer target list by bringing together insights and their own awareness of the territory. The TBM will also work alongside the Regional Business and Partnership Manager (RBPM) and the Marketing Engagement Manager (MEM), identifying all promotional channels available (digital, face to face, virtual engagement, congress, training etc.) and to deliver highly impactful customer interactions with a range of clinical and payor customers. The aim, ultimately, is to ensure unrestricted access to deliver sales and market share targets as well as removing any barriers for prescribing Galapagos products.
- Deliver Sales, Market Share and activity based KPI’s as per TBM target
- Develop and execute UK Strategic Account Plans that will build advocacy and foster long term business relationships with Key account customers across commercialized therapeutic areas
- Remove barriers to prescribing at local level eg Formularies & pathways
- Design and implement initiatives that bring value to Galapagos, the healthcare system, and patients.
- Develop and execute an engagement plan for strategic customers that facilitate on going communication for cross-functional partners through differentiated access.
- Gather and share insights from NHS stakeholders and HCP’s and work cross functionally to include these insights in the design of initiatives which form part of the UK disease plans and brand plan tactics.
- Maintain stakeholder interactions within CRM & Pathfinder
- In conjunction with cross functional colleagues, participate in the development of disease plans and ensure strategic account activities are aligned with disease area plans
- Identify opportunities for co-creation between key employees and Galapagos based on value creation for both parties. Devise and implement strategies & tactics aligned with cross functional launch plans to ensure product uptake and achievement of launch objectives.
- In conjunction with cross functional colleagues, support the development and execution of external expert engagement plans.
- Develop and maintain a highly effective external network, including establishing partnerships and alliances with key internal employees, important stakeholders, industry and medical bodies to establish a current and future environment where Galapagos products can succeed
- Keep up to date with all policy changes, NHS environment and Galapagos position/key messages and incorporate into the Strategic Account Plans
- The ability to maintain a high standard of ethical conduct in the discharge of duties and comply with all relevant requirements of the ABPI Code of Practice.
Who are you?
Education & experience:
- Degree educated, ideally in a science discipline
- The successful incumbent will have 3 years’ experience within a KAM role and additional formulary and market access knowledge would be seen as advantageous.
- Good experience interacting with a variety of payor and clinical stakeholders.
- Selling – In Call Excellence and proven sales success
- Business Acumen / management
- Budget Management
- Cross – Functional working.
- Influence without authority
- Project management
- Clinical expertise
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!