Find your purpose
(Senior) Technician Process Sciences, Leiden, NL
Share this job opening
Pleased to meet you, we are CellPoint, a Galapagos company. We’re a dynamic fast growing Biotech company in the business of changing lives.
Galapagos’ mission is to make a lasting positive contribution to society through discovery of innovative therapies for diseases with large unmet medical need. Galapagos seeks to develop a robust portfolio of therapies that have the potential to revolutionize existing treatment paradigms. The company’s ambition is to become a leading global biopharmaceutical company, focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative medicines to improve patients’ lives. Galapagos’ historic focus on developing first-in-class medicines based on the discovery of novel targets in inflammation and fibrosis has led to the successful launch of our first medicine in rheumatoid arthritis in 2020 and in ulcerative colitis in 2021. The pivotal study in Crohn’s Disease is fully recruited and we expect topline data and potential approval in this new indication in a couple of years.
Galapagos is now entering an exciting new chapter to expand and diversify its pipeline for the future, starting with oncology, specifically CAR-T cell-therapy, a transformative treatment of different types of cancer. Through the combined acquisitions of CellPoint and AboundBio, we are propelling ourselves into next-generation cell therapies. CellPoint brings a novel, decentralized point-of-care cell therapy manufacturing model, which has the potential to offer efficient, 7-day time to treatment and avoids complex logistics, resulting in potential better patient outcomes and broader access. For more information, please visit www.cellpoint.bio.
For the CellPoint/Galapagos organisation in Leiden/NL, we are looking for a (Senior) Technician Process Sciences.
Scope of the role:
We are seeking a (Senior) Technician Process Sciences to join the CellPoint Manufacturing team, supporting the GMP operations at the decentralized point-of-care manufacturing units and central facility in Leiden. The (Senior) Technician Process Sciences is a hands-on subject matter expert in automated CAR-T manufacturing operations, performing production runs in the Cocoon platform, scale-down laboratory experiments, material management, equipment qualification and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on execution of production activities at the central facility in Leiden: Cocoon runs, process characterization studies, late-stage development, comparability, process development studies, scale-down model development/qualification.
- Ensure robust and efficient operations of Cocoon runs and small-scale experiments during process characterization activities, supporting laboratory management, material ordering/organization, equipment qualification and troubleshooting.
- Contribute to elaboration of electronic batch records, automation protocols, SOPs, protocols & reports. Support the development of the next generations of automated CAR-T cell production processes and products.
- Support root-cause investigations for deviations, determine corrective actions and support implementation of change controls.
- Support technology transfer and clinical manufacturing activities such as process qualification, aseptic process validation, material kitting and production training.
The (Senior) Technician Process Sciences reports to the Manager MSAT.
- BSc/MSc in life sciences, biotechnology, engineering or related discipline
- Hands-on experience with cell & gene therapy processes, automated bioreactors, GMP manufacturing, technology transfer and process validation
- Result-driven and can-do mindset, without compromising quality and compliance
- Good interpersonal skills and written and spoken fluency in English
- Team player and good communication
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As a ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At CellPoint/Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos/CellPoint, you will join a highly motivated team, eager to maintain our leading position and to achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. New team members have the opportunity to actively shape their position and contribute to our mission. Galapagos/CellPoint offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment. Flexible working hours can be discussed.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!