Find your purpose
Medical Science Liaison Inflammation (IBD and RA) - Lombardia, Piemonte, Liguria, Valle D’Aosta (Italy)
Share this job opening
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company. We’re in the business of changing lives.
Galapagos’ mission is to make a lasting positive contribution to society through discovery of innovative therapies for diseases with large unmet medical need. Galapagos’ historic focus on developing first-in-class medicines based on the discovery of novel targets in inflammation and fibrosis has led to the successful launch of our first medicine in rheumatoid arthritis in 2020 and in ulcerative colitis in 2021. The pivotal study in Crohn’s Disease is fully recruited and we expect topline data and potential approval in this new indication in a couple of years.
Galapagos is now entering an exciting new chapter to expand and diversify its pipeline for the future, starting with oncology, specifically CAR-T cell-therapy, a transformative treatment of different types of cancer. Through the combined acquisitions of CellPoint and AboundBio, we are propelling ourselves into next-generation cell therapies.
We are looking for a Medical Science Liaison, Inflammation (IBD and RA) for Italy
Region: Lombardia, Piemonte, Liguria, Valle D’Aosta.
Scope of the job
Be a medical and scientific expert:
- Systematically identify the scientific exchange needs of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), investigators and other stakeholders in patient care, establish strong professional relationships, provide credible scientific expertise and serve as a liaison to Global Medical, Global Clinical and external partners.
- Ensures high standard of professionalism to develop and maintain “peer-to-peer” scientific relationships with key thought leaders in healthcare, academia, payer, and government organizations per strategic territory plans and as requested by KOLs, including the management of strategic scientific partnerships and scientific exchange.
- Ensure compliant communication and education of the emerging product portfolio to meet the educational and professional needs of Galapagos’ key customers.
- Presents clinical and disease state information to a variety of audiences, both internally and externally (including KOLs, formulary/decision makers and other HCPs).
- Respond within defined timeline and quality standards to unsolicited inquiries from HCPs and other stakeholders.
- Forwards reports of adverse events according to Galapagos’ policy.
- Conducts therapeutic area training for Sales and Medical or other colleagues upon request.
Support Medical Affairs evidence-generating activities:
- Support design and implementation of scientific programs with external experts and Global Medical Affairs (RWE, IIR etc)
- Provide scientific liaison support to Investigators currently involved in the Company sponsored interventional or observational studies and investigator initiated research ( IIR)
- Data gap identification: signal the need for investigator-initiated research and ensure they are discussed within the Medical Affairs department.
- Registries: gain insights on ongoing country registries and ensure potential value is discussed with the Medical Affairs department.
- Serve as scientific resource at key medical, scientific, and patient advocacy conferences as assigned
- Build medical education programs with scientific third parties, in line with Medical Affairs plan; Identify/support/educate speakers
- Identify local needs and develop and propose care optimization projects, if applicable
- Organize and participate in country/regional Advisory Boards, in line with Medical Affairs plan.
- Participate on internal project teams as directed by Management (e.g. publications).
- Support expanded access programs, eg. Compassionate Use programs.
- Maintain personal expertise in relevant disease areas, Galapagos’ products and MSL best practices.
- Ensure all activities deployed are in line with applicable pharmaceutical laws, guidelines and regulations, including, but not limited to ICH, GCP, Code of Ethical Practices and company policies.
Who are you?
- An advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD or PhD or equivalent) is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a field MSL or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrative therapeutic experience/research or substantive patient care experience is required.
- Preferably living in Lombardia.
- Medical, clinical or research experience in Inflammation, Rheumatoid Arthritis area is preferred.
- Established track record of effective and influential oral presentations within the healthcare profession.
- Able to establish credible and long-lasting professional relationships and engaging respectfully and professionally.
- Able to exchange scientific ideas and information openly and effectively with key opinion leaders and with colleagues, excellent presentation skills of scientific and medical data to small and large audiences.
- Demonstrates in-depth therapeutic competency and expertise of the leading science in designated disease state; maintain knowledge base and scientific expertise on Inflammation areas and products.
- Able to manage challenging conversations and handle objections.
- Focused on customer and patient needs.
- Able to work effectively in virtual, matrix and multi-disciplinary teams: coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment.
- Ability to partner and collaborate appropriately with R&D, Commercial, and other internal functions.
- Effective listening skills.
- Capable of building relationships and focused on identifying and responsibly advancing opportunities for scientific exchange within focus disease areas.
- Strong leadership, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Business acumen.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with ability to think innovatively & strategically, skillfully plan, manage and prioritize multiple projects independently.
- Demonstrate resilience and flexibility.
- Above average computer skills (MS Office, databases, etc)
- Appropriate assessment and allocation of available resources.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in Italian and English.
- Individual activity plan development overseen by MSL manager or other line manager.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast-growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happens’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!