Find your purpose
Medical Advisor Inflammation - Switzerland
Development - Medical Affairs
Share this job opening
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company. We’re in the business of changing lives.
Galapagos’ mission is to make a lasting positive contribution to society through discovery of innovative therapies for diseases with large unmet medical need. Galapagos’ historic focus on developing first-in-class medicines based on the discovery of novel targets in inflammation and fibrosis has led to the successful launch of our first medicine in rheumatoid arthritis in 2020 and in ulcerative colitis in 2021. The pivotal study in Crohn’s Disease is fully recruited and we expect topline data and potential approval in this new indication in a couple of years.
Galapagos is now entering an exciting new chapter to expand and diversify its pipeline for the future, starting with oncology, specifically CAR-T cell-therapy, a transformative treatment of different types of cancer. Through the combined acquisitions of CellPoint and AboundBio, we are propelling ourselves into next-generation cell therapies.
We are looking for a Medical Advisor Inflammation for Switzerland.
Scope of the project
As Medical Advisor (MA) your role is a hybrid role and mostly field-based and will provide medical support in Switzerland within the inflammation area/rheumatology and IBD. The MA reports to the Nordic and Alpine Senior Medical Director. The MA is responsible for liaising with key stakeholders, leaders and healthcare professionals in academic and clinical centers for scientific exchange and data generation to ensure appropriate implementation and use of our treatment options within inflammatory diseases.
- Exchange complex clinical and scientific information with the healthcare provider community;
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for scientific information;
- Establish and maintain ongoing scientific collaborative relationships with Therapy Area Experts (TAEs) (including physicians, nurses and patient advocacy groups);
- Identify and support local data generation activities;
- Conference coverage (national and international) including staffing exhibits, reporting on scientific sessions, and facilitating meetings with TAEs;
- Provide clinical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups;
- Provide support for content development and delivery of Advisory Boards;
- Ensure optimal collaboration with other field based colleagues and on a cross-functional level with the Nordics and Alpine Medical & Commercial and global teams to rapidly respond to questions from sites in the territory;
- Serve as medical representative on (project-based) cross-functional teams internally.
Who are you ?
- Advanced medical/scientific degree (MD or equivalent degree, PhD) with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field;
- Expertise in the area of Inflammation(Rheumatology/IBD) preferred;
- Knowledge of national regulatory requirements;
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and variable environment with a “can do” attitude;
- Committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base;
- Interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication;
- Fluency in English and German is essential;
- Proven ability to work independently and across a cross-functional matrix;
- Ability to travel frequently, occasionally with short notice.
- As this position will work in the Swiss region, candidates need to be located in Switzerland.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. You will get all the support you need to make your project successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our talented people are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!