Find your purpose
Key Account Manager Inflammation - Denmark / Iceland
Share this job opening
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company. We’re in the business of changing lives.
Galapagos’ mission is to make a lasting positive contribution to society through discovery of innovative therapies for diseases with large unmet medical need. Galapagos’ historic focus on developing first-in-class medicines based on the discovery of novel targets in inflammation and fibrosis has led to the successful launch of our first medicine in rheumatoid arthritis in 2020 and in ulcerative colitis in 2021. The pivotal study in Crohn’s Disease is fully recruited and we expect topline data and potential approval in this new indication in a couple of years.
Galapagos is now entering an exciting new chapter to expand and diversify its pipeline for the future, starting with oncology, specifically CAR-T cell-therapy, a transformative treatment of different types of cancer. Through the combined acquisitions of CellPoint and AboundBio, we are propelling ourselves into next-generation cell therapies.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager Inflammation for Denmark / Iceland.
Scope of the job
In this role you will be one of the key contributors in our Inflammation franchise, providing patients and healthcare professionals access to our life-saving drugs. The focus will be on highly specialised medical doctors in clinics and practices who provide treatment to patients with rheumatology : gastroenterology. Our KAM’s are enthusiastic about our patient-centric approach and well versed in discussing and explaining the characteristics and benefits of our treatment(s) in this highly scientific and versatile ecosystem with a focus on physicians.
- Responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets and consistently achieving sales targets in the assigned territory
- Represent Galapagos’ products and services to a defined customer base within a specific geographic area
- Utilise a level of product and therapeutic disease working knowledge to promote the appropriate use of Galapagos’ products to healthcare professionals
- Prepare business plan for own territory, assign targets and communicate required actions to achieve goals. With guidance, initiate systems to monitor sales progress and action plans
- Manage territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures
- May work in collaboration with outside partner companies to co-promote products or services
- May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events
- Work co-operatively with Medical Science Liaisons, National Account Managers, Marketing and Market Access on various cross-functional projects
- Work as an individual contributor
- Build and extend business relationships with key customers, accounts and relevant key opinion leaders
- Assist in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, and communicate proactively to Marketing and Sales management
- Complete necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses, etc.
- Responsible for achieving the competency levels required in the role
- Compliance with all regulatory agencies, and state and national law is required
Who are you?
- BA or BS degree and relevant sales experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Proven experience in account planning and cross-functional account management approach Prior experience in the therapeutic field of rheumatology/gastroenterology is preferred but not mandatory. Prior experience in a highly competitive therapy area is required.
- Previous therapeutic indication with high scientific emphasis is highly desired
- Passion and the ambition for commercialising breakthrough medicine in specialty care, a strong competitive mindset, robust scientific acumen and a tactical approach
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment, understanding new business challenges and how digital solutions can help overcome them
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and build working relationships internally and externally / able to work in cross-functional teams
- Able to develop strong relationships with key opinion leaders
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Achievement of any mandatory country-specific pharmaceutical sales certifications is essential
- Self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independence
- Familiar with industry trends and remain current with competitors’ resources and practices
- Able to speak about the pros and cons in a competitive market (overall goals of plan, cost vs. efficacy, dosing, duration, side effects etc.) according to the marketing/sales strategy
- Able to identify rising issues/solutions/opportunities and to present/communicate arguments to management/marketing
- Demonstrate solid analytical skills, be able to identify and understand moderate to complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to management and specialists
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate in Danish and English both orally and in writing are required.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!