Find your purpose
HR Payroll & Services Specialist - München, DE
Shared Services - HR
Share this job opening
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices across Europe and headquartered in Belgium (Mechelen)
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for an HR Payroll & Services Specialist for Germany
Scope of the job
Galapagos is looking for a hands-on, pragmatic and solution-oriented HR Payroll & Services Specialist, to deliver, alongside with the HR Country Lead and our Centers of Excellence, state-of-the-art HR service to our German team. The position will focus on operational support according to the corporate HR policies and local regulations. In this role you will be able to contribute to the further growth of the organization and have an impact to the business every day.
- Accurately and timely process all elements related to the monthly payroll (for business units Germany and Austria; Switzerland in the mid-term) ensuring correct and timely calculation and payment of wages
- Be the first point of contact to solve and follow up on issues with regard to personnel files (e.g. leave entitlements, benefits, lease cars), to ensure that the best possible service can be offered to our internal employees, in close cooperation with our CoE
- Prepare labor contracts, certificates, reference letters and further employee related documentation in partnership together with our global specialists
- Drive and improve the candidate/ employee experience in terms of on- and off-boarding, guidance, aligned approach etc.
- Act as trusted partner for external providers such as insurance broker, institutions, payroll provider etc. and internal departments with shared responsibilities (e.g. Environmental Health and Safety)
- Contribute to local and global HR projects by providing local insights and support in roll-out and implementation
- Support the local HR Country Lead in further country related activities (e.g. well-being initiatives, employer branding activities)
Who are you?
The ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years’ experience in a payroll function and (or included in) a HR Shared Services role.
- Working knowledge of German employment, tax and social security legislation, Switzerland and Austria of advantage
- Working knowledge of benefits administration i.e. fleet, pension, insurances, welfare
- Good knowledge of HR processes
- Knowledge of SuccessFactors is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in writing and verbally, both in German and English
- Excellent proficiency in Word and Excel
- Able to take initiatives and work accurately
- Work independently in a hybrid working set-up (2-3 days of office presence required)
- Manage change and ambiguity in a fast growing and dynamic environment
- Positive, can-do mentality to support our make-it-happen mentality
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!