Find your purpose
HR Business Leader Oncology (R&D) -Mechelen, BE or Leiden, NL
Shared Services - HR
Share this job opening
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company. We’re in the business of changing lives.
Galapagos’ mission is to make a lasting positive contribution to society through discovery of innovative therapies for diseases with large unmet medical need. Galapagos seeks to develop a robust portfolio of therapies that have the potential to revolutionize existing treatment paradigms. The company’s ambition is to become a leading global biopharmaceutical company, focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative medicines to improve patients’ lives. Galapagos’ historic focus on developing first-in-class medicines based on the discovery of novel targets in inflammation and fibrosis has led to the successful launch of our first medicine in rheumatoid arthritis in 2020 and in ulcerative colitis in 2021. The pivotal study in Crohn’s Disease is fully recruited and we expect topline data and potential approval in this new indication in a couple of years.
Galapagos is now entering an exciting new chapter to expand and diversify its pipeline for the future, starting with oncology, specifically CAR-T cell-therapy, a transformative treatment of different types of cancer. Through the combined acquisitions of CellPoint and AboundBio, we are propelling ourselves into next-generation cell therapies.
To develop this new Oncology franchise we are looking for a HR Business Leader Oncology (R&D) ideally based in Leiden or Mechelen.
Scope of the job
As HR Business Leader Oncology you support the organisation design of the new oncology CAR-T unit and develop a futureproof talent set up delivering our business ambition in terms of innovation and access to patients. You enable the leaders to manage their talent and teams and you act as a strategic partner to your business leadership team.
You partner with your business to co-create a futureproof oncology organisation with an international footprint, involving organic growth and potential collaborations or acquisitions.
- You support the integration of the recently acquired CellPoint and AboundBio staff and make sure they onboard fully on our ‘Galapagos values and culture’.
- You help create high performing teams and focus on the growth and development of the leaders and employees.
- You manage employee and labour relations for our Dutch organisation and develop strong and trusting relations with colleagues and stakeholders.
- You work closely together with the HR experts in Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards as well as Talent Development to deploy an entrepreneurial empowering HR vision.
- You support and coordinate all employee lifecycle processes in your business such as performance management, learning & development, promotions, compensation and talent reviews.
- You participate in talent & resource planning and organisation design.
- You identify management and leadership development needs and ensure they get integrated into the total Talent development plan partnering with the Head of Talent and Agility
- You actively contribute to the design and implementation of innovative corporate HR projects.
- You promote a no-nonsense culture and a ‘can-do’ mentality and act as an example.
- You enable leaders to manage people and teams with high quality. You are the HR representative for all employees in your business area and ensure the well-being of the people of Galapagos.
- You take on the HR Country Lead role for our affiliate in the Netherlands responsible for all HR matters in collaboration with the team of HR Payroll and Services.
Who are you?
- To be successful in your role you have built up experience as an HR change agent in an entrepreneurial dynamic fast-growing life science environment. You are a true people person with business acumen. You use your strong relationship skills to build a high performing Oncology unit with great leadership quality and a sound culture.
- You represent the ‘human’ in your title and make sure the well-being of all Galapagos employees is secured. Your middle name is ‘innovation’ and you are able to think out of the box to drive a futureproof HR organisation. You are a problem solver ‘pur sang’ and you think in solutions. You have the ability to think strategically but you can also work very hands-on. You respect deadlines and ensure all HR processes are executed in an effective way.
- You act local but think global. Your command of English is outstanding, Dutch is strong plus
- Knowledge of social legislation and experience with social relations in the Netherlands is an advantage. Experience with social relations is a must.
What's in it for you?
You will be part of a entrepreneurial dynamic and purposefull company. You are part of the HR Lead team defining HR strategy, articulating our People and organisation vision supported by modern empowering policies and processes.
As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!