Find your purpose
Customer Insights and Engagement Manager Benelux - Belgium or Netherlands
Share this job opening
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company. We’re in the business of changing lives.
Galapagos’ mission is to make a lasting positive contribution to society through discovery of innovative therapies for diseases with large unmet medical need. Galapagos’ historic focus on developing first-in-class medicines based on the discovery of novel targets in inflammation and fibrosis has led to the successful launch of our first medicine in rheumatoid arthritis in 2020 and in ulcerative colitis in 2021. The pivotal study in Crohn’s Disease is fully recruited and we expect topline data and potential approval in this new indication in a couple of years.
Galapagos is now entering an exciting new chapter to expand and diversify its pipeline for the future, starting with oncology, specifically CAR-T cell-therapy, a transformative treatment of different types of cancer. Through the combined acquisitions of CellPoint and AboundBio, we are propelling ourselves into next-generation cell therapies.
We are looking for a Customer Insights & Engagement Manager for the Benelux region.
This person can work either from Belgium or the Netherlands.
Scope of the role
The Customer Insights & Engagement Manager is a key role within the Commercial & Medical Affairs Team, supporting the Regional Head and the Cluster Leads to achieve the commercial goals for the region by providing analytic insights for our current product Jyseleca® (Filgotinib) in different indications and for potential future products. You will also work closely with the Medical Director, the international teams and all the local teams.
Primary responsible for the performance reporting, running the Customer Engagement & Insights (CRM, sales reports and insights) and provide insights. With the regional lead team responsible for the forecasting, budget and performance review. Additionally, will assist functions to deliver against strategies, setting of KPIs and competitor intelligence.
The BAND markets are the following countries: BeNeLux (Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg), Alpine (Austria & Switzerland), Nordics (Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland) and distributor countries (Eastern Europe, Greece and Portugal).
Focus area will be Netherlands, Belgium & Luxembourg initially, but working across the full region is anticipated.
- Build and implement relevant market analytic overviews and business insights to strengthen brand performance and launch effectiveness on national level data and other secondary data resources for the countries and the region
- Responsible for creation and delivery of weekly/monthly/quarterly business reports at different levels: BeNeLux region, per country and where applicable sub-national
- Preparation, consolidation and analysis of commercial Analytics within the region, including customer facing team activity analytics, sales data from different wholesalers, commercial planning and Customer Engagement & Insights
- Design and implementation of processes to track and analyse account performance and territory/customer segmentation performance
- Responsibility for the customer data management and update to ensure sales force effectiveness and full Customer 360 view
- Full responsibility for stewardship of syndicated IQVIA data and secondary data assets
- Supports quota, supply and stocktaking at local wholesalers and identify opportunities to improve
- Assist with effective communication of results to Senior Executives and brand teams
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside Nordics and Alpines to enable higher performance
Who are you?
- Minimum Bachelors’ Degree (or equivalent) in Life sciences, Finance, Business or International Management - MBA or Master’s degree is an advantage
- 3+ years business, commercial analytics and/or sales operations experience, in Belgium and/or The Netherlands is a must
- Pharma and/or Medical Devices or similar Life Science industry experience is essential
- Above country experience is desirable, experience in the BAND (Benelux, Alpine, Nordics and Distributor countries) region is an advantage
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, from product managers to senior executives, and strong ability to work in a team
- Strong negotiation & influence skills, at management level
- Sound knowledge of data analysis & visualization to derive business insights
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into concise, easy to understand story and visualization for executive management
- Team Player, connects with all culture & values; self-starter adding value immediately
- Strong organizational, time management, project management & presentation skills
- Natural problem solver with a cooperative style
- Knowledge and proven experience of Veeva CRM, Customer data and activity data reporting is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, building data models and advanced pivot tables
- Knowledge of sales and key account management processes
- Strong business acumen with sense of prioritization
- English proficient and mandatory; at least 1 or 2 European languages relevant for the area preferred (French and/or Dutch)
- As this position will mainly work for the Benelux region: living in Belgium or the Netherlands. We have a very flexible hybrid working model.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. You will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!