Find your purpose
Competitive Intelligence Lead - remote position
Share this job opening
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company. We’re in the business of changing lives.
Galapagos’ mission is to make a lasting positive contribution to society through discovery of innovative therapies for diseases with large unmet medical need. Galapagos’ historic focus on developing first-in-class medicines based on the discovery of novel targets in inflammation and fibrosis has led to the successful launch of our first medicine in rheumatoid arthritis in 2020 and in ulcerative colitis in 2021. The pivotal study in Crohn’s Disease is fully recruited and we expect topline data and potential approval in this new indication in a couple of years.
Galapagos is now entering an exciting new chapter to expand and diversify its pipeline for the future, starting with oncology, specifically CAR-T cell-therapy, a transformative treatment of different types of cancer. Through the combined acquisitions of CellPoint and AboundBio, we are propelling ourselves into next-generation cell therapies.
We are looking for a Competitive Intelligence Lead – remote position.
This role can be located in any EU country where we have a Galapagos entity (Benelux – France - Germany – UK/Ireland – Spain – Italy - Austria - Switzerland - Nordics).
Scope of the job
Working across GLPG, you will be the central point for the creation of a CI Centre, bringing together the various resources and CI insights that the company has. The scope is focussed on the needs of global functions – particularly the Therapy Area R&D teams, Business Development, pipeline product teams, Strategic Marketing and the global Jyseleca team.
You will be the expert advisor for how to address different CI needs – working with different teams to determine feasible strategies using internal and external CI resources.
- To help GLPG move towards having a ‘Single version of CI Truth’ for selected focus areas (within Jyseleca, Immunology and Oncology).
- Consolidate and maintain Competitive Intelligence resources, helping different teams to easily understand what has already been done for different therapy areas or drug classes, and signpost additional resources they can useManage key subscriptions to CI databases and platforms, in terms of subscription management/renewals.
- Ensure maximal usage of subscriptions by monitoring usage, facilitating training and ensuring optimised access to relevant sources
- Assess additional resources as required, and build a map of ‘specialist knowledge’ resources across GLPG
- Create visibility across GLPG of what we have and how to access, acting as advocate for sharing of CI
- Proactively work with teams across GLPG to help them define and refine KITs and KIQs, and advise on how they may obtain the CI they need
- Own and refine ‘generic’ specifications for key CI information like therapy area label comparisons and pipeline views, to help teams create or outsource specific CI deliverables as required
- You will be reporting to the Head of Customer Insights Ops, as part of the Strategic Excellence commercial team
Who are you?
- 5+ years of experience in a market and competitive intelligence analyst/ strategist role.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and competitive intelligence capabilities in primary and secondary CI. including management and hands-on use of key public and commercial information sources. You know when to pick the right tool, and can help others do the same
- Relevant international work experience in the healthcare industry (ideally in Immunology and/or Oncology)
- Strong business acumen and ability to convert data and information to business relevant insights
- Experience working cross-functionally. Proven ability to establish yourself as a trusted partner to internal teams, with the capacity for negotiating and getting things done, be it either hands-on or by leading others
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and operates with confidence in ambiguous situations
- Able to set priorities, develop and manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Fluent in English
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in biopharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!