Find your purpose
Category Buyer - Research - Mechelen, BE
Shared Services - Procurement
Share this job opening
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), the Nordics (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland), Austria (Vienna) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Category Buyer - Research - Mechelen, BE
Scope of the job:
Manage procurement of direct and indirect purchases for Research department
- Raw material, lab consumables and supplies
- Services: maintenance, external outsourcing
- Support business from sourcing to assessment (negotiation, RFI-RFP, tenders analyses, contracting)
- Identify opportunities of costs savings and support in setting-up contracts
- Manage operational PTP tasks in the ERP
- Supplier relationship management (SRM): selection support, assessment, build tools for evaluation (metrics, KPI, etc.)
- Support the category manager in deploying the procurement strategy and best practices
Who are you ?
- An education at university level is required (Degree in economics, business administration).
- A minimum of 4-5 years in an international environment with experience in direct purchase is required with an experience in pharmaceutical environment or life science sector is a significant plus
- Have good interpersonal skills and communicative strengths
- Hands-on attitude and result oriented
- Teamwork is critical, so the candidate must be a team player. Good communication skills are essential (verbal and written) as the role includes communication with senior management
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Fluent English and/or French (Dutch is a plus but non mandatory)
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
- Problem solving and “hand on” attitude
- The flexibility and independence to work in a changing and unstructured environment
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!