Find your purpose
Business Data Analyst - any Galapagos location
Shared Services - Quality & Compliance
Share this job opening
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company. We’re in the business of changing lives.
Galapagos’ mission is to make a lasting positive contribution to society through discovery of innovative therapies for diseases with large unmet medical need. The company’s ambition is to become a leading global biopharmaceutical company, focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative medicines to improve patients’ lives.
We are looking for a Business Data Analyst to join our Compliance & Ethics Team.
Scope of the job
With the commercialization of our first medicine in 2020, the Compliance & Ethics Team took off on its mission to equip the organization with value based principles and efficient processes to guide them in their interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCP), Healthcare Organisations (HCO) an Patient Organisations (PO), thereby empowering teams to make sound ethical decisions.
As we grow, we gather more and more data on activities and built-in controls across systems and platforms. This function will structure, manage and bring that data to life, draw insights from it to share and support the markets and the organisation in getting assurance, in identifying and managing risks and opportunities.
- Structure and shape our C&E data management, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, and translate them into relevant insights for our team and our internal customers
- Coordinate the external reporting requirements of transfers of values, this means collaborating with teams across the countries for the output while securing the accuracy of input with other departments such Finance, Procurement, ITS, Customer Insights
- Maintain and shape output of C&E own process tools such as Fair Market Value, Declaration of Interest, Training log and contribute to the development of other future applications
- Extract, clean and sample data to get suitable output for further analysis
- Summarize all above in compliance metrics and KPIs and executive reports maintained and distributed regularly
- Collaborate on cross-functional optimization of processes
Who are you?
- You have a proven track record with
- Datawarehousing (PowerBI/Qlik or similar),
- Data Visualisation concepts
- Data Reading Capabilities (cleaning & transformation)
- MS Power Apps, Advanced Excel
in order to analyse data, identify trends and spot issues, to translate complex information into meaningful visual data and insights
- You work on finding the root causes and have a structured approach to problem solving
- You enjoy working closely with cross-functional stakeholders at multiple levels, helping them understand how data is relevant to their business and you have an end-user perspective mindset in how setting up solutions
- You stay up to date in regards to data mining, optimisation, modelling, data-extraction, data validation and reporting
- You have an interest in compliance & ethics matters in the pharmaceutical industry
- You are fluent in English
- You are a hands-on self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced and growing organisation.
- You will establish the roadmap and deliver quick wins where possible
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!